Step 1: Create a new Database
Open the MySQL command console, and create another database for the second instance, I called mine opensim01.
Step 2: Download OpenSim
Download and install a fresh copy of the OpenSim binary from the OSGrid website.
Step 3: Edit opensim.ini
Copy the opensim.ini from the first instance into the bin folder of the second instance.
Make the following changes to the opensim.ini file in the second instance:
- Do a Search and Replace for Database=opensim to Database=opensim01
- Go to the [Network] section, and change http_listener_port = 9000 to =9020
Step 4: Launch OpenSim
Run the second instance of opensim, and answer the nine questions, giving the following reponses:
- Region Name [Opensim Test]: Draconia (example)
- Grid location (X-Axis) : Enter
- Grid location (Y-Axis) : Enter
- Internal IP Address [0.0.0.0]: Enter
- Internal IP Port : 9020 (or whatever unused port you wish to allocate)
- External Host Name [127.0.0.1]: anubia.servegame.org (just an example)
- First name of Master Avatar: Hawkwind (example)
- Last name of Master Avatar: Dragonslayer (example)
- Password for Master Avatar [test]: XXXXXXX
Step 5: Edit the Viewer
Edit the loginuri for the Hippo viewer to anubia.servegame.org:9020 (using the examples above)
If you are using the SL client, the target would look like this:
"C:\Program Files\SecondLife\SecondLife.exe" -loginuri http://anubia.servegame.org:9020/
Both instances should now be running, and you can log into both the respective opensims.